How do they work?
Clear aligners are a removable, invisible alternative to braces for certain types of treatment, especially for mild crowding and minor bite issues. The treatment consists of a series of near invisible, custom made, removable aligners that are changed roughly every two weeks.
As you replace each aligner, your teeth will move incrementally as the treatment proceeds until they have been straightened and in their final positions.
During the process of treatment, the aligners must be worn as much as possible and removed only for eating and oral hygiene such as brushing and flossing teeth.
Benefits of Having Aligners:
- They are not as noticeable as braces.
- They can be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss, or for special occasions.
- They are comfortable and less likely to irritate the soft tissues of your mouth.
- You do not have to be as careful with what you eat as compared to patients that undergo braces treatment as there are no wires or brackets.
Compared to traditional wires & brackets, invisible aligners are:
Compared to traditional wires and brackets, clear aligners are comfortable.
It’s easy to remove aligners and eat whatever you like. There are no wires to trap food or get in the way when you floss.
Clear aligners show off your smile, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them.
You will also pay only a fraction of what it costs for traditional orthodontic treatment.
Downside of Invisible Aligners:
- If you don’t wear them, they will not work.
- They are not a suitable treatment option for severe malocclusion and crowding case.
After an initial Consult, our Wagga Dentist will advise you if you are a suitable candidate for clear aligner treatment.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary. Photos in our online gallery are of actual patients of our practice who have provided consent to display their pictures online. Any procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, call us on 69219500 or make an appointment to see one of our Wagga dentists for an opinion.